QuickBooks Error code 15242 happens when you attempt the update your QuickBooks payroll or account and try to use it. The error appears on your system’s screen that says you cannot download and install the updates of payroll on your system. For this, you need the solution process to get it resolved. The solution is provided by the team who is always here to help you out. So they give the solution for the error code 15242 so that you can resolve it on your own.
Errors that cause while updating the software
The messages shown when this error occurs are as follows:-
- The update is not completed successfully. QuickBooks FCS is damaged or not responding.
- The update of the payroll is not completed. QuickBooks FCS is not responding or damaged.
- QuickBooks FCS is the main result of this issue. This is the not responding file copy service and it may also block the Payroll and QuickBooks system. The issue will stop the flow of the work that also affects the business.
The solution to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15242
Solution 1- Verify your payroll subscription
- To verify, open the QuickBooks
- Go to the Employees then click on the Payroll services
- Then click on the Billing/Account information
- Then the page is opened on your system named as QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance
- It automatically validates the subscription again of Payroll after closing the maintenance page
- After completing the validate process, do the QuickBooks and payroll update again.
Solution 2- You can also download the Update of the Payroll
Solution 3- Do check that you are getting the error on your system only or it happens on others as well (in case of multi-user). Do update on the different systems
Solution 4- In the Selective Startup, do execute the clean installation
- Open the Run command by clicking on the Windows+R key from the keyboard on your system
- Enter the MSConfig then click on the OK button
- Click on the General tab and then click on the Load System Services and Selective Startup Services
- Locate to the services tab, and select the Hide all the Microsoft Services
- Do select the Disable all option
- Now hide all Microsoft Services
- To locate the list of services and select the windows installer checkbox if it’s not selected
- Then click on the OK button
- In the window of System Configuration, click on the Restart button
- After starting the system, use the clean install for doing anything
- In the end, restart your system.
How to contact us?
Still, you are facing any issues or want to know any information contact the team at any time. The team is available to provide their services all around the world for all kinds of technical and functional issues. You can easily get in touch with the team via QuickBooks tech support number 1800-941-3691. The team members are friendly and polite so they can easily handle all the situations smoothly. You can also contact them through live chat or email as they never let you go without any solution or information.