Sage File System Error Number 11 occurs due to serial.dat fatal error. This error is caused by an incorrect data path or the network problem set up in the INI file. You need to keep an eye on the network and if the problem is still there then try to reboot the system. The process of fixing this error is provided here by the support team who is always here to help you out. You can also contact the team as well at Sage technical support toll-free number.
Here are the more reasons that cause this error. The reasons are as follows:-
- When the file is in read-only mode
- The data path is incorrect the .INI file
- Network issues are there
- Enabled UAC
- Workstation and server hosting the software has the connection problem in them
- When the client is waiting for the response from server and session time out.
The process to fix the Sage file system error number 11
Various different processes are there that you can choose according to the reasons that cause the error in the software. Follow the process and get it resolved easily.
Solution 1- Uninstall the software
- Firstly, Uninstall the Sage software
- Now reinstall it back
- Save it on the Default path program
- Check and verify that the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2- Restart Pervasive
- In the system, click on the Start button
- Select or search the Pervasive PSQL
- You need to choose the engine and then click on the stop engine
- Now repeat the process till choose engine
- After that click on the start engine
- Then click on the search box in the start menu
- Now write MSC and search for it
- Find out the Sage Service Host
- Do right-click on it and select the restart option.
Solution 3- Disable UAC
- Right-click on the Sage 50 icon
- Then choose the option Run it as Administrator
- After this, go to the Start menu at the bottom left corner of the Windows
- Now type UAC in the search box and then press the enter button
- Do change the settings of the User Account control
- Then move the slider and go to the Never Notify
- Click the OK button and restart your system now.
Solution 4- Change the attributes of the file
- First of all, go to the location of the file that shows the error
- Now right-click on the file
- From the menu go to the properties
- In properties, click on the Attributes tab
- Do uncheck the checkbox says Read-only
- Now click on the application and than ok button
How to reach us?
To reach the team you need to dial the Sage customer support helpline number 1800-796-0471. The team is always here to help you out as they are available 24/7 hours. The team members are happy to help you out by providing you the great assistance. You can also contact them via email or do a live chat with experts.